Friday, September 11, 2015

Today I got the error of BITCODE in project.
After some searching I became to knew that yesterday I upgrade my Xcode from 6.4 to 7 beta 5.

detail of error is as below


ld: '/Users/Mrugesh/Documents/NewApp/NewApp/Fabric.framework/Fabric(Fabric.o)' does not contain bitcode. You must rebuild it with bitcode enabled (Xcode setting ENABLE_BITCODE), obtain an updated library from the vendor, or disable bitcode for this target. for architecture arm64
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

The error says that i used Fabric framework which was not build with bitcode and new Xcode requires that.
So the solution is that either we have to use framework which build with bitcode or just disable bitcode from project setting for desired target like me.

Project setting > target > Build setting > Build Options > Enable Bitcode > NO

And problem solved.

Another problem I faced yesterday was that I was fetching data from API and for that I was using http URL instead of https.  And It stops send request.
For that I added dictionary to info.plist which is as below.

No comments:

Post a Comment